Wanna know the easiest way to change the language on your Chromebook? people have the misconception that changing language on Chromebook is very difficult but that’s not the case, it’s in fact easier than you think. So, let’s start this guide without wasting any further time.
In addition to having a vast array of features and detailed settings to customize your experience, Chrome OS is no longer a browser-based operating system.
Emojis can be used on a Chromebook, and you can even access the task manager to control important system resources.
As for language choices, Chromebooks now let you specify various languages for various use situations. On Chromebooks, you can choose a different language for web content or change the language for the entire operating system.
How to Change System Language on Chromebook?
The Settings tab on your Chromebook allows you to switch the language for the entire operating system. It operates as follows:
- Clicking the settings (cogwheel) symbol in the bottom-right corner of the screen will open the Quick Settings panel.
- Expand “Advanced” in the left sidebar on the Settings page by clicking on it. Determine on “Languages and inputs” at this point.
- Then, select “Languages” from the list of options in the right pane.
- After that, select “Change” next to “Device language”.
- Lastly, select your choice of language and click on “Confirm and restart”. By doing this, you can change the default language of Chrome OS and restart your Chromebook.
How to Change Website language on a Chromebook?
You can certainly choose a different language to be displayed for information on websites. You can select more languages if the website doesn’t support your preferred language (in order of preference). Here’s how this procedure operates:
- Launch the Settings page as described in the section above. Pick “Languages and inputs” from the left sidebar. Go to “Languages” in the right pane after that.
- If the language you want does not already appear in the list, click “Add languages” next. Add the language to the list by selecting it from the pop-up menu.
- After that, shift a language up or down according to your preferences by clicking on the three-dot menu next to it. Aim to position your favourite language at the top. Now, webpages in the language of your choice will be displayed in the Google Chrome browser.
The Steps to Change the Input Language on Your Chromebook
- Open Settings and navigate to “Languages and inputs” under “Advanced” in the left sidebar to change the input language, i.e., whether to use the keyboard or voice input.
- Choose “Inputs and keyboards” from the right-hand menu.
- You can now click the “X” button next to “Input methods” to eliminate the input language you don’t like. Moreover, you can use the “Add input methods” button to dictate or type in your chosen language.
- Choose a language here based on how you like to type.
- You can add additional languages from the Chrome OS Shelf if you wish to fast switch the keyboard input language (Taskbar).
- Switch on the “Inputs and keyboards” settings page’s “Show input options in Shelves” option.
- Choose your chosen input method by selecting the language switcher button located on the Shelf.
That’s how you can change language on your Chromebook, if you have any doubts then do let us know and we will try our best to solve your query.