People often ask me how they can connect their Chromebook to Tz. So I decided to create a guide where I will tell you how to connect your Chromebook to your Tz. Keep reading this article till the end to know how.
Chromebooks are often budget computers, yet they can do many simple activities like content consumption.
Yet, the majority of inexpensive devices have modest and frequently unattractive screens. So what do you do when using a Chromebook to stream Netflix or video games? You connect it to a TV.
Here are some methods for hooking up your Chromebook to a TV.
How to HDMI-connect a Chromebook to a Tv
The ideal approach to connect your Chromebook to a TV is with a wired connection. HDMI is typically used for wired connections with TVs, so it is your only choice.
Also, you should confirm that your Chromebook has an HDMI connector. If it does, a typical HDMI cable can be used.
You need a USB-C hub with an HDMI connector if your Chromebook doesn’t have one if it lacks one.
The HDMI end of the cable should be connected to the HDMI port on your TV once you have set up the compatible cable or hub.
- Using HDMI, USB-C, or the hub, attach the cable’s opposite end to your Chromebook.
- On your Chromebook, launch the Settings app. You can access it by searching for it, or by choosing the Settings gear symbol next to the time in the bottom right corner.
- Next, Click Device in the left navigation pane of Settings.
- Go to Device settings and select Displays. This list will include your TV.
- Click the TV’s name in the list of devices to change the settings. You can use the Mirror Internal Display checkbox to mirror the Chromebook’s screen on the TV.
The Steps to connect a Chromebook to a TV Wirelessly
Although it’s not ideal, connecting your Chromebook wirelessly to a TV can be useful if you don’t have access to a compatible cable. There are two approaches, and both call for the use of casting equipment.
You will need an Amazon Fire TV device, a Google Chromecast hooked to your TV, or an Android TV with a built-in Chromecast to cast the screen from your Chromebook to the TV.
Although there are some differences, the Chromecast and Fire TV setup processes are comparable.
Google uses the Chromecast casting protocol. Both of your devices must support Chromecast to connect a Chromebook to a TV using that method.
Some TVs come equipped with the feature, but those that don’t need you to connect a Chromecast device through HDMI.
- Use Google Chrome on your Chromebook to find the website you wish to cast. In the top right corner, select the three-dot menu button. On the pop-up drop-down menu, choose Cast.
- The screens that are available for casting are listed in the casting pop-up. To connect your Chromebook to a TV, click the name of the TV.
- Moreover, you can switch the source from the tab to the desktop. Choose the source you want to cast by clicking Sources on the casting pop-up.
- To cease casting, click the cast icon in Google Chrome’s toolbar on the right and then click the name of your TV once more.